In the Non-Animal Goat project, you can become familiar with and apply the recommended principles of livestock animal science. Gain knowledge of sound breeding, feeding, and management practices. Develop integrity, sportsmanship, decision-making capabilities, and public speaking skills by participation in demonstrations, tours, and exhibits.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Getting Your Goat, Book 1*
- Stepping Out, Book 2*
- Showing the Way, Book 3*
- 4-H Animal Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
Optional Supporting Materials
- Dairy Goat Helper’s Guide*
- Individual Pygmy Goat Information | pdf |
- National Pygmy Goat Website http://www.npga-pygmy.com/
- Pygmy Goat Youth Project Guide (NPGA)*
- Youth Project Guide Advisor’s Manual NPGA)*
- Goat Resource Handbook—Ohio*
*Available through your county extension office