Capitalize on the growing popularity of domestic chickens by owning and providing primary care, proper housing, and feed for at least 10 chicks for at least 8 weeks, or until they are sold as fryers. Gain skill in financial management by raising and selling poultry.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
Optional Supporting Materials
- 4-H Animal Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc |
- Selecting & Grooming 4-H Exhibition Poultry*
- Poultry Judging*
- Egg Production Record* - Family Flock Only
- 4-H Market Broilers*
- Scratching the Surface, Level 1*
- Testing Your Wings, Level 2*
- Flocking Together, Level 3*
- Poultry Helper's Guide*
*Available through your county extension office