Learn how to select a goat, feed, house, and care for it. Become familiar with and apply the recommended principles of dairy animal science. Care for one or more dairy goats for at least 90 days before exhibiting. Gain knowledge of sound breeding, feeding, and management practices. Develop integrity, sportsmanship, decision-making capabilities, and public speaking skills by participation in demonstrations, tours, and exhibits.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
Optional Supporting Materials
- 4-H Animal Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Permanent Individual Animal Record for each project animal | pdf |
- Getting Your Goat, Book 1*
- Stepping Out, Book 2*
- Showing the Way, Book 3*
- Dairy Goat Helper’s Guide*
- Goat Resource Handbook—Ohio*
*Available through your county extension office