Express your fashion style through sewing. First, you’ll get to know your machine, explore creative sewing, learn to care for clothing, and do some sewing to serve others. Next, you’ll develop intermediate construction skills and techniques such as pockets, pleats, darts, and buttonholes and make items such as a blouse, decorative pillow, or fanny pack. Finally, you’ll learn advanced skills such as lining and underlining, making two-piece sleeves, and making embellishments. Use your skills to make items that capture your unique fashion sense such as a lined dress, lingerie, or pleated drapery. Learn about fashion, technology in sewing, and careers in the textile industry.
- Under Construction, Level 1 | pdf |
- Fashion Forward, Level 2 | pdf |
- Refine Design, Level 3 | pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Under Construction, Level 1*
- Fashion Forward, Level 2*
- Refine Design, Level 3*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- Sewing Expressions Helper’s Guide*
*Available through your county extension office