Whether you want to shoot trap, shoot skeet, or shoot ducks from a blind, job one is learning to shoot your firearm safely and accurately. In this project, you’ll practice 10 basic shotgun safety rules, learn range etiquette and commands, learn to care for your shotgun, improve your shot, shoot competitively, score shooting events, and more.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Shotgun Optional Focus Area Skills Checklist | pdf |
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Shooting Sports Manual | pdf |
Optional Supporting Materials
- Provided at shooting sports workshops
- Shotgun Member Record Book (Ohio State University)*
*Available through your county extension office