Think you’ve got a good eye and a steady hand? In this project you’ll learn how to shoot a rifle straight and safe. Learn different firing positions; range rules and commands; target scoring; and how to care for, transport, and store your rifle. In time you could make a gun case, build a rifle from a kit, become a rifle teen leader, even someday shoot in the Olympics!
| pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Rifle Optional Focus Area Skills Checklist | pdf |
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
Optional Supporting Materials
- Provided at shooting sports workshops
- Rifle Member Record Book (Ohio State University)*
*Available through your county extension office