Get to know the different kinds of forest trees and how to measure their age and size. Follow a map into the forest, or make a map of your own. Learn what forests need to grow and thrive, how people use and manage forests, and about the products and benefits you get from trees and forests near home and around the world.
Project requirements | pdf
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Follow the Path, Level 1*
- Reach for the Canopy, Level 2*
- Explore the Deep Woods, Level 3*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
• Forestry Helper’s Guide*
Optional Supporting Materials
• Forestry Science Skills Checklist | pdf
*Available through your county extension office