See for yourself how plants, animals, and the environment interact in amazing and sometimes surprising ways. Discover what plants and animals need to live and grow. Measure pollution in the water or air and find out its causes and effects. Look into your own impact on the environment by going on a home energy safari or tracing where your garbage goes. This project is about solving problems, too, and you could have the chance to design and test your own methods for cleaning up pollution.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
county to learn more.
- Exploring Your Environment - Earth's Capacity*
- Exploring Your Environment - Ecosystems Services*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
Optional Supporting Materials
- Exploring Your Environment Facilitator's Guide*
- Ecology Skills Checklist | pdf |
*Available through your county extension office