Do you love dairying? Are you willing to extend yourself to work toward a trip to the National 4-H Dairy Conference?
The annual 4-H Dairy Conference is held in Madison, Wisconsin the last week in September or first week in October. It is a great opportunity to share your enthusiasm for the dairy industry with youths from all over the United States and Canada.
The United Dairymen of Idaho sponsors several scholarships for Idaho 4-H members who have shown outstanding achievement in dairy science foods or animal projects. In 2013, the Dairy Conference will be held September 29-October 2, with additional days for travel.
- A 4-H member must be currently enrolled in at least the third year of the 4-H Dairy or Dairy Foods Project.
- Applicants must be 15 and not over 19 years of age on January 1 of the year they will attend the conference.
- An applicant may not have previously attended the National 4-H Dairy Conference.
- Those attending the conference must be capable and willing to share information learned upon return home.
- Applicants should have an interest in the production, marketing, processing and use of dairy products.
- Applicants should have an outstanding record of 4-H Dairy/Dairy Foods accomplishments.
The number of United Dairymen of Idaho scholarships to be offered will be determined in May. Delegates may have to supplement their scholarships to cover travel/conference expenses.
To apply, download and complete application 91804. Applications must be approved by your county extension office and submitted to the state 4-H Youth Development office by May 1 for the fall conference.
For more information, contact
4-H Youth Development Specialist