Building & Maintaining Relationships
Public relations students learn how to create and sustain relationships between organizations (corporations, government agencies and nonprofit groups) and their constituencies. Courses focus on writing, strategies and campaign management. After graduation, public relations professionals work as writers, editors, social media managers, lobbyists and consultants. Skills include research, strategic planning and working with the news media.
- Writer/editor for educational institution
- Writer/editor for non-profit organization
- Communications Manager/Specialist
- Public information officer for state or federal agency
- Media relations coordinator
Networking through JAMM Advisory Board and professional groups in Idaho and the Northwest.
$30,000 - $90,000 per year, based on national averages