Public Relations B.A. & B.S.
The public relations (PR) degree focuses on professional development for media careers through hands-on learning.
The public relations program attracts students seeking skills to enter a competitive field. PR graduates go on to careers supporting the strategic needs of businesses and other organizations. Many PR graduates find work in government agencies as public information or public affairs officers. Others work for corporations, educational institutions, trade associations, health care agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Required course work includes the university requirements, the School of JAMM core, plus the following:
- JAMM 225 Reporting I (3 credits)
- JAMM 252 Principles of Public Relations (3 credits)
- JAMM 350 Public Relations Writing and Production (3 credits)
- JAMM 452 Public Relations Campaign Design (3 credits)
- JAMM 458 Public Relations Research and Case Studies (3 credits)