Public Relations B.A. & B.S.
Building & Maintaining Relationships
Public relations students learn how to create and sustain relationships between organizations (corporations, government agencies and nonprofit groups) and their constituencies. Courses focus on writing, strategies and campaign management. After graduation, public relations professionals work as writers, editors, social media managers, lobbyists and consultants. Skills include research, strategic planning and working with the news media.
- Faculty with professional experience
- Personal mentorship in small classroom settings
- Integrated study between majors in School of Journalism and Mass Media
- 2013 College Media Matters “Top 50” U.S. journalism programs
- Hands-on experience preparing campaigns for real-world clients