1. Unleash the power of design and creativity in every aspect of our teaching, research, service and administration, boldly using the tools of our professions to overtly impact how we teach, learn and operate as a College.
2. Assume a leadership role in the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan and Strategic Initiatives, seeking out opportunities and funding for interdisciplinary collaboration, expanding classes which attract students from other colleges, and making classes provided by other colleges an integral part of our students’ learning.
3. Promote stewardship of the environment, both built and natural, and exhibit leadership in sustainable, regenerative design.
4. Create dynamic physical and virtual college centers which continuously bring the students and faculty of all programs together, providing appreciation of all college programs, interdisciplinary dialogue, and investment in our shared performance and success.
5. Establish active development programs with our alums and constituents through the creation of effective college and departmental advisory boards and an alumni association, for purposes of:
- raising awareness of our programs and successes.
- soliciting input on our programs.
- creating a network for student recruiting and internships.
- acquiring additional resources and financial support.
- ensuring a base of enthusiastic and influential advocates.
6. Provide empowerment and investment for all programs to be strong individually, further enhancing their capacity for contribution and collaboration.
7. Proactively assess the current and forecasted needs of the professional markets to ensure that our programs are providing students with the required knowledge and skills to maintain a competitive advantage in their desired fields.
8. Expand integrated learning and collaboration through a College-wide Foundations program which prepares students for the interdisciplinary world in which they will work and achieves efficiencies in our teaching.
9. Engage in an annual College-wide assessment focused on advancing the synergies of our various programs and maximizing the utilization of our resources including people, facilities and funds.
10. Develop the knowledge and skills to use current and future technologies both critically and effectively across all programs.
11. Expand and profile outreach programs that provide service-learning opportunities for students and faculty, support our programs, and enrich the quality-of-life of communities served.
12. Nurture a culture which binds faculty, students and alumni in a commitment to the sustained health and success of the College and the University.