Sabbatical leave is granted on the basis of application by the faculty member and recommendation by the Sabbatical Leave Evaluation Committee (SLEC) and upon approval by the Faculty Senate and the president or designee. (FSH 3720)
Sabbatical applications are due by October 27, 2017. Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your applications include all of the following elements (FSH 3720 H 1-5) and have the signatures of the unit administrator and the dean.
- H-1. Cover Page. Include a title indicative of the proposed sabbatical activity, the period of requested leave, name and rank of the applicant, and signatures of the administrators approving the application.
- H-2. Abstract. Maximum length: 100 words.
- H-3. Description of Proposed Sabbatical. Major headings should include a detailed statement of what the applicant plans to do while on sabbatical, the objectives and significance of the proposed activities, the value of these activities to the applicant’s UI obligations, the feasibility and methods of accomplishing the objectives, and the applicant’s qualifications pertinent to the proposed activities. This section should consist of not more than four single-spaced typewritten pages. [rev. 7-97]
- H-4. Curriculum Vitae. Include a standard University of Idaho curriculum vitae.
- H-5. Appendix. Evaluation of the proposal by college dean and unit chair, letters of acceptance from persons with whom the applicant plans to work, itinerary, and other supportive documentation should be appended to the application. [ed. 7-98, 7-02, 8-11]