The University of Idaho College of Law requires electronic applications via the LSAC Online Services website. No decisions will be made on transfer applications until the applicant’s complete first-year transcripts are received.
We accept transfer student applications from ABA- and non-ABA-accredited law schools. Applicants from non-ABA-accredited law schools must meet the requirements of ABA Standard 505 (Refer to Chapter 5: Admissions and Student Services).
Priority: July 1
Transfer applicants should indicate on their application if they are interested in spending their second and/or third year in Moscow or Boise. The College of Law will inform transfer applicants of their admission status and campus assignment by July 15.
All of the following must accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Essay explaining why you wish to transfer to the University of Idaho College of Law – no more than two pages; double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman font; one-inch top, bottom, left and right margins
- Letter of Good Standing from current law school indicating eligibility to return, GPA and class rank
- Official Transcript from current law school
- Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report
- Detailed addendum of explanation if any question on the Character and Fitness section is answered “Yes”
Supplemental Information for the Application
Any of the following may accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Diversity Addendum expanding on any circumstance(s) or factor(s)
- Any other appropriate materials