University Housing

Main Office
1080 West 6th St.
Moscow, Idaho
Mailing Address
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2010
Moscow, ID 83844-2010

Main Office Phone:
(800) 681-9361
Local Phone: (208) 885-6571
Fax: (208) 885-6606
General Email

Summer Office Hours: May 19-August 15, 2014
Mon-Fri: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm

Academic Year Office Hours: August 15, 2014-May 15, 2015
Mon-Fri: 8 am-5 pm

After-Hours Emergencies:
LLC 24-Hour Desk 
(208) 885-7379

New Students

  • How Do I Apply For University Housing?

    Follow these steps to choose your residence hall room:

    1. You must be admitted to the University of Idaho.

    2. You will need to have your NetID username and password available to sign in to the Housing application.

    3. In the application, you will be choosing your exact room and potential roommate. To make it easier to find the room you want, explore the available residence hall communities and choose three possible room options in the building/floor you are interested in living.

    4. Choosing a residence hall room is done on a first-come, first-served basis. You must pay a $250 deposit to be able to choose and reserve your room.

    5. Log into the Housing Application to choose your own room!

    6. If you have a roommate in mind, make sure to talk with them prior to choosing your room and coordinate the building and floor you both want to live. You can then log-in to the application around the same time and choose your room together. If you don't have a roommate in mind, you can navigate the application to find roommates with similar interests based on a questionnaire that is asked to all students in the application.

    7. If you need any assistance navigating the University Housing application or need any special room accommodations please contact University Housing by phone at 208-885-6571 or by email at housing@uidaho.edu.

  • What is the $250 deposit?

    A $250 deposit is required to reserve a residence hall room with University Housing.

    If you cancel your room reservation in writing by July 1 for academic year agreements or Nov. 1 for spring-only agreements, you will receive a refund or half of your deposit ($125). Cancellations received after the above dates forfeit the entire $250 deposit.

    Students who complete their full contract with University Housing will receive the $250 deposit back (minus any room damage charges).

  • What should I bring to the Residence Halls?

    View our What to Bring Checklist so that you have everything you need before moving into the residence halls!

    • Go to our Pinterest for what to bring and leave at home visual ideas
  • Is there a First-Year Live-on Requirement?

    Yes. The University of Idaho does have a First-year Live-on Requirement.

    New students may choose to live in a Residence Hall, Greek House or Steele House living option.

    Students may request an exemption from this requirement and may qualify if 21 years or older, living at home with parents, married/or with children or by having completed 27 credit hours of college credit (excluding dual and AP credits). The Request for Exemption Form can be obtained through the Dean of Students Office at (208)-885-6757. All requests should be made as soon as possible, but no later than May 1 for fall semester enrollment and November 1 for spring semester enrollment.

  • Am I required to have a Meal Plan?

    First-year students living in the Residence Halls are required to choose a meal plan.

    Meal Plan options are available for review on the Vandals Dining webpage.

    All first-year students living in Wallace Residence Center, Theophilus Tower, Targhee, McConnell, LLC-Upham and LLC-CNR residence halls are required to choose a meal plan option.

    Students living in McConnell or Targhee do have reduced meal plan options available to them.

    Upper-level and Transfer students who choose to live in an upper-level LLC building are not required to purchase a meal plan.