University Housing

Main Office
1080 West 6th St.
Moscow, Idaho
Mailing Address
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2010
Moscow, ID 83844-2010

Main Office Phone:
(800) 681-9361
Local Phone: (208) 885-6571
Fax: (208) 885-6606
General Email

Summer Office Hours: May 19-August 15, 2014
Mon-Fri: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm

Academic Year Office Hours: August 15, 2014-May 15, 2015
Mon-Fri: 8 am-5 pm

After-Hours Emergencies:
LLC 24-Hour Desk 
(208) 885-7379


Living on campus is one of the best ways to get involved at the University of Idaho. University Housing houses the majority of incoming first-year students, where we pride ourselves in creating an experience meant to acclimate students to the University campus. We employ a variety of professional and paraprofessional staff members to ensure that you, as a student, have access to the tools and resources you need to be academically, professionally, and socially successful at the University of Idaho.
  • Housing Options
    University Housing offers several housing options designed specifically for first-year students. There are also several options available to first-year students who wish to live and interact with upper-level students.

    First-Year Only

    • Wallace Residence Center - First and Second Floors of Willey Wing
    • The Tower and Living Learning Community Upham
    The Tower also houses themed floors for our Engineering/Computer Science majors and students in our Honors program.

    First-Year through Upper Level

    • Living Learning Community - College of Natural Resources
    • Wallace Residence Hall - All floors and wings in Wallace are open to first-year students except the Fourth floor of Ballard Wing

    Students interested in Wallace might like to explore one of our many themed floors, including our College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Outdoor Recreation, Substance-Free, Fine Arts, S.T.A.R. Leadership, or 24-Hour Quiet.

  • Live-On Requirement
    To better support students and ensure their academic success and integration, the University of Idaho requires all first-year students to live on campus.

    Students may request an exemption from this requirement and may qualify if 21 years or older, living at home with parents, married or with children, or by having completed 27 credit hours of college credit (excluding dual and AP credits). The Request for Exemption Form can be obtained through the Dean of Students Office at (208)-885-6757. All requests should be made as soon as possible, but no later than May 1 for fall semester enrollment and November 1 for spring semester enrollment.
  • Meal Plan
    To ensure students are adequately and fully cared for, the University of Idaho requires all first-year students living in the residence halls to purchase a meal plan.

    A meal plan is particularly rewarding for first-year students because it eliminates worries about cooking and grocery shopping, and serves as an social congregation area for new students to meet new people. Bob's Place, the main dining hall on campus is conveniently located in Wallace Residence Hall, a short walk from the Tower and our Living Learning Communities. There are also multiple locations throughout campus where you have easy access and flexibility.

    Check out the Vandals Dining website for more information about meal plans and on-campus dining options. You will select your meal plan through the online Housing application at the same time you choose your room.
  • What To Bring

    Moving to college can be a challenging time for many new students, but we want it to be a fun and easy experience. University Housing has prepared a few resources so you know what you need to bring to be prepared.

    • View our What to Bring Checklist to help remind you of some of the living accessories you may need. Use this to brainstorm, and talk to your roommate and suitemates about what you're going to bring: not everyone might need to bring a first-aid kit, but most won't want to share their shower shoes. 
    • View our Pinterest for ideas on decorating to make your room feel like home, and see what's not allowed in the residence halls.