Life-transforming ideas have always come to me through books.
Topics in the Women's Center Library include feminism, sexual assault and violence prevention, women's health, novels, family issues, art and women's history.
New Women's Center library acquisitions
- The Road of Lost Innocence
- Still Waiting: Life After Katrina (DVD)
- Zing! 21 Insights on Maximizing Your Influence
- The Now Factors of College Success
- Lessons from the Road: Inspirational Insights by Leading Speakers in Education
- The Motherhood Manifesto: What America’s Moms Want and What To Do About It
- 1 Dead in Attic: After Katrina
- Opting In: Having a Child without Losing Yourself
- Memoirs: Hortense and Marie Mancini
- Grassroots: A Field Guide for Feminist Activism
- Women: A Feminist Perspective
- Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism, and the Future
- Look For Both Ways: Bisexual Politics
Book and Video Search
The Women's Center also subscribes to a variety of alternative magazines. Copies are available to read in the Women's Center lounge:
- Bitch: Provides commentary on our media-driven world from a feminist perspective.
- Bust: For women with something to get off their chests.
- Mother Jones: An independent nonprofit magazine whose roots lie in a commitment to social justice implemented through first rate investigative reporting.
- Ms.: More than a magazine - a movement.
- The Advocate: The award-winning GLBT news source.
- Venus: Coverage of women in music, art, film, fashion, and D.I.Y. culture. Published quarterly and distributed internationally, the magazine features interviews with edgy musicians and up-and-coming artists and fashion designers, along with reviews of CDs, films, and books.