The Idaho Commons Flat Screen Displays
The intent of the flat screens is to present information about local events and activities to students, staff and faculty of the University of Idaho. The flat screens are located on each floor of the Idaho Commons to create the best visual settings possible.
The current ASUI calendar, time, date, weather, current and up-coming events and student and departmental announcements are available on the display screens. The main purpose of the display screens is to enhance the diversity and learning environment of the university by making information available to all students, staff and faculty.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Displays
How do I submit a flatscreen display?
- Once you have created your flatscreen slide you may submit it using our online form.
- To learn how to build a flatscreen slide follow the step-by-step instructions on our Building a Slide page.
What are the Content Requirements?
- All advertising content will be reviewed by designated personnel and upon dispute, finalized by the Assistant Vice Provost for Student Affairs or other designated personnel.
- All content must be submitted in the correct format to be considered and must be composed of respectable elements.
- There will be no profanity, obscenity, or demeaning substances allowed.
- All displays must have the name and contact information of the sponsor visible at all times.
- Events must be nonexclusive, open to the student body and/or general public to promote civic interests.
- At this time, no political endorsements (at any professional level) will be allowed to ensure equal opportunity for all candidates of election. However, public service announcements with the endorser clearly listed will be displayed.
- The Idaho Commons and Union Board or its designee may approve or reject any content.
What are the submission deadlines?
- Flat screen slide requests must be received by designated personnel one week prior to requested run date.
- Slides may run for a maximum of two weeks or be submitted for renewal.
- If renewed, slides that required a set-up fee will be charged a $30.00 renewal fee at that time.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a clear start and end date.
- ASUI Recognized Student Groups – No Charge,
- University of Idaho Departments & Affiliates - $30 set up fee,
- Off Campus Non-Profit Groups - $50 set up fee,
- Commercial – Rates Negotiable
What are the payment conditions?
- All advertising must be paid in advance using UI budget numbers (if established) or cash or credit card
- Cancellations must be expressed in written format and will result in forfeiture of set-up fee.
ASUI Recognized Student Groups pay no charge, University of Idaho Departments & Affiliates pay a $30 set-up fee, and Off Campus Non-Profit Groups pay a $50 set up fee, for Commercial Rates please contact the Idaho Commons Office.
Where are the flatscreens located?
- On the first floor of the Idaho Commons in the main Food Court area.
- On the second floor, there is a flat screen located at the entrance of Einstein's Bagel Shop across from the Information Desk.
- On the third floor, a flat screen is located in the Overlook Lounge near the ASUI offices.
- On the fourth floor of the Idaho Commons by the elevator next to the Summit Conference Center.
How often is a flatscreen announcement displayed?
Announcements are guaranteed to be displayed 30 times per day at 15 second intervals. This is based upon maximum usage of the display screens. However, if at one point in time the screens are displaying less than maximum capacity, your announcement will run more frequently.
How are reservations processed?
Reservations will be made on a first come - first serve basis in the following order of preference:
- Idaho Commons and Student Union
- ASUI Recognized Student Groups
- University of Idaho Departments & Affiliates
- Off-Campus Non-Profit Groups
Another example of a flatscreen
Whom should I contact about the flatscreen displays? Test
Please e-mail questions to email@example.com
All information is subject to change without notice.