Individualized nutrition counseling is available at the Student Recreation Center with the campus dietitian. Appointments can be made with the campus dietitian for a variety of reasons:
- Establish a basic healthy diet
- Weight Loss
- Gaining weight
- Food allergies and/or intolerances
- Balanced vegetarian or vegan diets
- Diabetes medical nutrition therapy
- Disordered eating: bulimia nervosa, anorexia nervosa and binge eating disorder
- Intuitive eating skills
- Sports nutrition specifically tailored to student athletes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal issues
Lifestyle changes are encouraged in the form of healthy nutrition and exercise. This approach is found to increase a person’s ability to reach and maintain a healthy weight for life rather than the usual dieting approach that creates only temporary weight loss.
Appointments with the campus dietitian can be one-time or reoccurring, based on an individual's goals and care plan. A typical appointment is an hour in length. The cost to students is $15 per appointment, which is billed to the student's account. To arrange an appointment, please contact Marissa Rudley, MS, RD, LD at (208)-885-6717 or email@example.com.