2015-2016 Student Planner Cover Contest
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, March 25
Welcome to the 2015-2016 Student Planner Cover Contest. Please read the following steps to a successful Cover Contest submission.
Step 1: Make sure you qualify
Step 2: Design your fantastic submission
- The contest is open to fulltime, degree-seeking students in good academic standing (students are considered to be in good academic standing when they have a semester and a UI cumulative grade-point average of 2.00 or higher).
Any design may be submitted, using any medium. We encourage creativity and look forward to seeing what you can create! Following are the criteria for an acceptable submission.
- All artwork should be at least 300 dpi resolution and sized to the approximate dimensions it will be used, preferably in .TIF, .JPEG, .PDF, or .PSD format.
- Increasing the resolution of a previously saved image will not increase the quality. Therefore, any low quality images, such as images saved off a website, will not reproduce well in print, even if the resolution is increased.
- Computer artwork and all images contained in the artwork should be saved as CMYK (not RGB) color.
- Freehand artwork should be done in color on smooth, nonabsorbent paper. Bold, rather than light, colors will produce the best results when the cover is printed.
- The finished trim size of the cover is 5.5" x 8.5". Size of the image with bleeds is 5.75" x 8.75"
- Allow .5" (1/2") margin on the binding edge for binding
- Allow .25 (1/4") margin for any images or text not intended to bleed
- Extend any objects intended to bleed to .125" (1/8") outside the trim area
- All designs must be the individual’s original work
- Individuals may submit a maximum of three different designs
- All designs must incorporate the following information:
- Student Planner
- text: University of Idaho
*Please note that "University of Idaho" may appear in any font or style. If you want use any of the University of Idaho logos please contact the Director of Trademark & Licensing Sue Smalley at email@example.com. If the colors used include silver and/or gold they must be pms 874 or 465 for the gold and 877 or 429 for the silver.
Step 3: Save and Email Design
Submit your design online. Please type the saved file name (last name_first name_design name) only. As an example, Joe Vandal would submit the file Vandal_Joe_BestDesignEver.
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
- The deadline for entry is March 25, 2015
- Designs that fail to comply with the rules and regulations will not be considered
- The Department of Student Involvement is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected emails or for any technical/computer related malfunctions.
- The Department of Student Involvement reserves the right of use to any entered designs.
- By entering you agree to and are bound by the official contest rules and regulations.
The winner (1) will receive a $200.00 scholarship and will have their design featured on the student planner.