Vandal Tutoring will be closed for Thanksgiving Break from 11/20-11/29
TCS offers drop-in tutoring for many undergraduate level courses. Our drop-in tutors are trained to provide subject-specific support, as well as general academic support in the form of time management, organization, study skills, note taking, textbook reading, test taking, managing academic stress, school-life balance; ect.
- No need to register, no need to sign up, and no need to stay the whole time
- Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis
- Students may utilize the service as many times per week as needed
- Tutors can assist in two ways:
- They may explain conceptual material, demonstrating how to solve problems
- They may provide skills and strategies for subject/course success.
- They will not help you to complete your problem sets or homework.
All ASAP Drop-In Tutoring is held in the Idaho Commons Ice Springs Rm (327).
- Ice Springs is a multipurpose academic success space. While tutoring and testing takes priority, students are welcome to utilize the space for studying when not reserved.
All tutoring begins the 2nd week of classes and is held Sundays 2-6pm and M-Th 1-8pm through the end of Dead Week. Tutoring does not occur on holidays (or Sundays before Monday holidays) or during breaks (e.g. Spring Break).
About Our Tutors
ASAP Tutors are current or former students who have received an “A” or “B” in courses in the subjects for which they tutor. Tutors are also trained to the highest standards in high education academic support. Most tutors are certified by the College Reading & Learning Association International Tutor Training Program (CRLA ITTP).
For more information about our tutors and the courses they tutor, go to our Meet Our Tutors
University of Idaho’s Colleges and Departments offer many options for their students. For more information on other tutoring and supplemental instruction opportunities, please visit the webpages for those Departments.
- Writing Center
- Foreign Language Lab
- Statistics Assistance Center
- Computer Science Assistance Center
- Accounting Lab
- Athletic Department