Students with documented disabilities which interfere with the individual’s ability to take notes in class may receive the access accommodation for Notetaking after meeting with the DSS Coordinator or DSS Learning disability Specialist.
- Provide notetaking accommodations to the student in a timely manner.
- Work with the student to identify the most functional notetaking accommodations.
- Recruit, train, and assign notetakers.
- Provide notes to students in a timely manner
- Resolve notetaking issues as they arise.
- Meet with the Notetaking Coordinator at the beginning of each term to review program specifics, and to become familiar with the note-delivery program.
- Communicate with Notetaking Coordinator regarding the quality of the notes you have been receiving.
- Bring all questions, concerns, or changes to the attention of the Notetaking Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Notetaking is for DSS students who are receiving notetaking as an accommodation ONLY and are not to be shared with others.