Annoying & Disruptive Situation
You have a right to establish behavioral expectations that will ensure that all members of your class can gain maximum benefit from the educational experience. Breaches of courtesy and classroom protocol may interfere with your ability to teach and other students’ opportunity to learn. The following behaviors are examples inappropriate activity that may disrupt the learning environment.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices including inappropriate uses of laptop computers.
- Inappropriate personal conversations among class members that distract.
- Eating and drinking that distracts others from learning experience.
- Entering and exiting the classroom while academic session is in progress in a way that disrupts learning activities.
- Talk with student privately outside of class
- Persistent behavior should be documented.
- Meeting with Student Affairs staff.
- Student disciplinary action.