The undergraduate research experience is considered an effective educational tool for enhancing many aspects of the student experience, including increased interest in a career in the sciences, persistence in pursuit of an undergraduate degree and levels of pursuit of graduate education.
As a McNair Scholar, you will find many opportunities to participate in faculty guided research projects: independent study courses, joining an on-going campus research lab, working as a research assistant for a faculty member, and participating in a summer research internship program.
When conducting your search for internships, here are terms to know:
- REU: Research Experience for Undergraduates
- SROP: Summer Research Opportunity Program
- STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
- SURP: Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- SURF: Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience
- Undergraduate Research Internship
If you find internships not listed on this website, please contact the McNair Staff and we'll post them.