Life and Health Sciences
- The Hearst Foundations: education, health, culture, social service
- Howard Hughes Cloister Program: for medical, dental, and veterinary students
- Howard Hughes Competitions: various competitive funding opportunities, including the Early Career Scientists
- Howard Hughes Medical Investigators: work for HHMI as a researcher
- Life Sciences Research Foundation: post-doctoral support opportunity
- McKnight Endowment Fund for Neuroscience: for Master's and Ph.D. degree-holders
- National Institutes of Health: grant and fellowship portal
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Fellowships: Center for Health Policy at the University of New Mexico
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute: variety of disciplines
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center: list of medical and health-related funding sources
- Tylenol Scholarship: awarded to health students with demonstrated leadership in community activities
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: grants page
The key component of the McNair Program is the Summer Research Internship.
Learn About Research Internships
The undergraduate research experience is considered an effective educational tool for enhancing many aspects of the student experience.