Ata Zadehgol, Ph.D., P.E.
Ata Zadehgol, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, 2011
- M.S., University of California, Davis, 2006
- B.S., University of Washington, Seattle, 1996
- Signal and power integrity of SoP/SoC
- Control and optimization
- Modeling and simulation of multi-physics phenomena
Ata Zadehgol is an assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering (ECE) at the University of Idaho. He received his bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Washington (Seattle, 1996), the University of California (Davis, 2006) and the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign, 2011), respectively. He joined the faculty of the ECE department in the University of Idaho, Moscow, in 2014. Since 1996, he has held various research and development positions in industry and academia, in the area of numerical and computational electromagnetics, signal and power integrity of high performance and dense microelectronic systems on package (SoP) and on chip (SoC), and electromagnetic compatibility. His research interests and activities include computational techniques in electromagnetic modeling, simulation, analysis and design of high-performance and dense microelectronic systems, as well as scattering and remote sensing, thermal sensing, microelectronic sensors, control, optimization and multi-physics phenomena.
- A. Zadehgol, Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC): TechCon 2013, Judge for Session 11: “Packaging Materials, Reliability, and Thermal Controls”. September 10, 2013.
- A. Zadehgol, "An Efficient Approximation for Arbitrary Port Suppression of Multi-port Scattering Parameters," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, June 21, 2013.
- A. Zadehgol and A. C. Cangellaris, "Probabilistic Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method Through Stochastic Electromagnetic Macro-Models," in 11th International Workshop on Finite Elements for Microwave Engineering - FEM2012, Estes Park, CO, 2012.
- A. Zadehgol and A. C. Cangellaris, "Isotropic Spatial Filters for Suppression of Spurious Waves in Finite Difference Time Domain Simulations with Sub-gridding," in IEEE, AP-S/URSI International Symposium, 2011.
- A. Zadehgol and A. C. Cangellaris, "Isotropic Spatial Filters for Suppression of Spurious Noise Waves in Sub-gridded FDTD Simulation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 3272 - 3279, September 2011.
- A. Zadehgol and A. C. Cangellaris, "Efficient FDTD Modeling of the Impact of Fine-Feature Statistical Variability on the Electromagnetic Response of Multi-scale Structures," in IEEE, AP-S/URSI International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 2011.
- A. Zadehgol, "Efficient FDTD Modeling of the Impact of Fine-Feature Statistical Variability on the Electromagnetic Response of Multi-scale Structures," in Invited Talk at Seminar on Electromagnetics, University of Illinois, 2011.
- A. Zadehgol, PhD Dissertation: "Probabilistic Finite-Difference Time-Domain Simulations Using Stochastic Electromagnetic Macro-Models", Urbana, IL: University of Illinois, 2011.
- A. Zadehgol, A. C. Cangellaris and P. L. Chapman, "A Model for the Quantitative Electromagnetic Analysis of an Infinitely Long Solenoid with a Laminated Core," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 244-256, June 2010.
- A. Zadehgol and et al., "Apparatus, system, and method for high frequency signal distribution". USA Patent 7106147, 2007.