Women in Engineering Day
October 20, 2017
Women in Engineering (WIE) Day is a free one-day workshop Oct. 28, 2016 for female high school students, grades 11-12. The event is designed to introduce students to career options in engineering and computer science.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- PARTICIPATE in hands-on engineering design activities
- EARN a scholarship toward your undergraduate degree in engineering
- LEARN about the diversity of careers in engineering
- INTERACT with current students, faculty and industry professionals
- TOUR engineering labs and research facilities
The goal of the program is to encourage pre-college women to consider careers in engineering or computer science. Women in Engineering Day participants show an aptitude and interest in majoring in technical fields, and excel in school. This workshop provides the opportunity for students to explore future career possibilities through hands-on activities, exposure to current engineering students, faculty, and professionals, as well as interaction with specific engineering disciplines.