Women in Engineering Day
October 20, 2017
U of I Main Campus Moscow, Idaho
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Women in Engineering (WIE) Day is a free one-day workshop Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 for female high school students, grades 11-12. The event is designed to introduce students to career options in engineering and computer science.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- PARTICIPATE in hands-on engineering design activities
- EARN a scholarship toward your undergraduate degree in engineering
- LEARN about the diversity of careers in engineering
- INTERACT with current students, faculty and industry professionals
- TOUR engineering labs and research facilities
The goal of the program is to encourage pre-college women to consider careers in engineering or computer science. Women in Engineering Day participants show an aptitude and interest in majoring in technical fields, and excel in school. This workshop provides the opportunity for students to explore future career possibilities through hands-on activities, exposure to current engineering students, faculty, and professionals, as well as interaction with specific engineering disciplines.
Women in Engineering Day Prerequisites
- Female junior or senior high school student
- A 3.0 or higher GPA
- An interest to learn about what engineers do
- A desire for career that makes a real-world difference
Women in Engineering Day is limited to 80 participants.
Registration has closed for 2017 Women in Engineering Day.
Busting National Trends
U of I’s Society of Women Engineers Promotes the Field to Younger Generations