Be aware of these important dates and deadlines:
1. June – Review your financial aid awards on VandalWeb. If you have a student loan, complete the master promissory note and entrance counseling online.
2. Mid-July – You will receive your University bill that includes charges for tuition & fees, residence hall & meal plan charges for on-campus housing and health insurance. Note: health insurance may be waived if you are covered under another policy. Financial aid and scholarship awards that have been accepted on VandalWeb will be included if you are enrolled half-time (6 credits undergraduate/5 credits graduate) for Stafford loans and full-time (12 credits undergraduate/9 credits graduate) for scholarships and grants.
3. August 18 – Be sure to authorize direct deposit on VandalWeb by this date so that the earliest disbursement of financial aid residual funds can be deposited into your checking or savings account. Financial aid awards are first applied to university charges. Residual funds are then released to students for books, living expenses, etc.
4. August 24 – Residual funds will be deposited into your bank on or near this estimated date. Watch your VandalMail for a notice from Student Accounts to let you know the funds have been sent for direct deposit.
5. August 24 – (first day of classes) – All semester tuition, fees, residence hall & meal plan charges for on-campus housing, and health insurance must be paid at the Student Accounts Office, on VandalWeb, or through the mail. Monthly payment plans are available through Student Accounts.
6. September 4 – Financial aid will be adjusted at 5PM to reflect the number of credits for which you are enrolled. Loans require half-time enrollment (6 credits). Most scholarships, work study, Perkins, and SEOG require full-time enrollment (12 credits).