How do you file your FAFSA?
File online—it’s the fastest.
1. Request an FSA ID. Students and parents will both need one.
2. Visit the FAFSA website to enter your information. Remember to enter the University of Idaho's school code: 001626.
Questions? Email Student Financial Aid Services or call 208-885-6312, toll-free 888-884-3246.
Need to make changes to your FAFSA?
Review and correct your Student Aid Report (SAR) online by accessing the link sent by the federal government. Any changes you submit are forwarded to the university.
FAFSA helpful hints
- Prior to filing your FAFSA, attend Financial Aid Night at your high school.
- The FAFSA opens on October 1, the University of Idaho has a December 1 priority application date. In order to serve students and their families better, fall 2017 applicants who are admitted and submit their FAFSA by this date are assured full consideration for all scholarships and financial aid available and will receive their financial aid package before January 1. After December 1, the University will continue to admit students, award scholarships to qualified students, and process FAFSA applications on a rolling basis as they are received.
- No decimals. If your wages are $5,055.63, enter $5056.
- Enter your name exactly as it appears on your Social Security card.
- You (and a parent if parental information is included) will need to sign the FAFSA before submitting; your FSA ID will act as an electronic signature.