You’ve decided where you want to go to college. You’ve applied and you've been accepted (congrats!). Your future is wide open and you're ready to start this amazing journey.
The UIdaho Bound weekend event will help you get a sense of what to expect and what it's like to be part of the Vandal family. You can register for classes, finalize housing, meet your new classmates and get answers about the next steps to becoming a Vandal.
Registration for the April 1 UIdaho Bound event is closed. If you would like to attend the April 1 event, you may attend as a walk-in participant.
UIdaho Bound is our signature, on-campus event for newly admitted students who are officially on their way to the University of Idaho. It’s a great chance for you to get a jump start on life and classes at the University of Idaho.
At UIdaho Bound, you can register early for classes*, find housing, explore campus, and prepare for the academic year.
If you’re still deciding if University of Idaho is the right choice, UIdaho Bound is the perfect time to do some in-depth exploring and get a better sense if it’s the college for you.
*Students who have submitted their enrollment deposit may register for fall classes during UIdaho Bound.
Top Reasons to Go to UIdaho Bound
- Register early for classes.
- Find a place to live.
- Meet new friends.
- Learn about student life.
- Take care of business.
- Get acquainted with campus and the community.
Register For Classes
UIdaho Bound is the first opportunity for newly admitted students to register for fall semester classes.
If you pay your enrollment deposit before attending UIdaho Bound, you will have the chance to be among the first of UI’s new incoming students to enroll in classes, which means you’ll get the best selection of classes and times. You’ll also get priority class advising and registration, help choosing your classes and setting up your class schedule.
When you submit your non-refundable $100* enrollment deposit, you secure your spot in our incoming class. You will also receive confirmation on your financial aid and scholarship awards, and additional information on campus housing and New Student Orientation.
*Some students may be eligible for a waiver of this deposit and still confirm their place as a UI student.
On your application for admission, you listed an area of study that interests you. But don’t worry if you are still unsure about your major. You can explore a wide range of potential career paths and can learn about degree options you may not have considered. Browse majors online or make time to check out colleges and meet professors.
Join the Vandal family
Parents and families are welcome to join the fun of UIdaho Bound. Take advantage of this opportunity to get to know the University of Idaho — your student’s future home away from home.
Meet faculty and staff
Get to know your future professors and other support services staff who can help you transition to college life.
Make the most of your visit. Come prepared.
Keep the following things in mind as you get ready for UIdaho Bound.
What to Do
- Set up your VandalWeb and Vandal Mail accounts. These electronic accounts are your lifeline to the university. Simply follow the easy step-by-step account setup instructions. Be sure to write down your username and password information, keep it in a safe place and bring it with you to campus during the event. You’ll need your username and password to register for classes. Please note that this is sensitive information; please do not share your information.
- Confirm your major. Your acceptance letter lists the major we have on record for you. If your interests have changed or you need to make a correction, contact the Admissions Office at (208) 885-6326. This ensures you will be advised appropriately during the event. If you are unsure about your major, explore the 120+ options using Degree Finder.
- Explore on-campus living. Visit the Admitted Students website to learn about your wide range of on-campus living options. This will help you narrow down your choices during your visit.
- Submit Enrollment Deposit. Beginning in January 2017, there will be options to pay the enrollment deposit online, by mail, or over the phone.
- Start thinking about your first semester courses. We don’t expect you to know your exact schedule of classes before you arrive, but it’s important to be familiar with our general education curriculum. Typically, a first semester student takes two to three courses in the general education curriculum (English, math, science, etc.) and coursework in their major to total at least 15 credits. Exact schedule details will be covered in depth at UIdaho Bound.