The department accreditation committee is the primary point of contact for the assessment process. The current assessment process developed by the committee and approved by the faculty is:
- The accreditation committee prepares an assessment plan at the beginning of each semester. In that plan the committee assigns outcomes to courses and instructors.
- Each instructor is then required to prepare an assessment method with respect to his/her particular assigned outcomes.
- Throughout the semester each instructor collects assessment data per the assessment method.
- At the end of the semester, each instructor submits a short assessment report to the committee.
- The committee reviews these reports and synthesizes common themes found in many of the reports. The committee examines the reports to see if any outcomes are not being achieved.
- The committee reports their general findings to the ECE faculty.
- The ECE Chair leads the faculty in a discussion to see what changes, if any, are needed to improve the quality of the program.