College of Education
Campus Locations: Moscow
Department of Movement Sciences
M.F.A., Dance, Directing From the Score, Ohio State University, 1996
M.A., Dance, Performance/Directing From the Score, Ohio State University, 1991
B.A., Drama, California State University, 1988
Directing from the Labanotated score
Works Directed from the Labanotated Score :
- “Folksay,” choreography by Sophie Maslow for nine dancers and two musicians. Commissioned through the Dance Notation Bureau for CityDance Ensemble, Washington D.C. Coached by Lynn Frielinghaus and Ana Marie Forsythe, summer 2008. Was awarded a Metro DC Dance Award for Outstanding Group Performance.
- “Water Study,” choreography by Doris Humphrey for ten dancers. Performance at the University of Idaho Hartung Theatre, 2007, and the American College Dance Festival Northwest Conference, 2008. Commissioned through the Dance Notation Bureau for Pomona College, Claremont, California, coached by Odette Blum with coaching sessions in Columbus, Ohio, spring 2006.
- “Breakers” choreography by Victoria Uris for 13 dancers. Performance at the University of Idaho Hartung Theatre, coached by Victoria Uris, 2005. Performance at the University of Hawaii, Manoa, 2004, taught movement phrases and assisted the director Odette Blum, 2004.
- “Summer of 42’” choreography, Idaho Repertory Theatre, 2007
- “Oklahoma” Dream Ballet Choreography, University of Idaho Department of Theatre and Film, 2007
- “Blue Note” solo dance and “Roseland” group dance for Cool Cat production, Kenworthy Theatre, Moscow, Idaho, 2005
- Various dances for University of Idaho Dance Theatre
National Endowment for the Arts American Masterpiece: Dance for Jean Erdman's Suite of Three.
National Endowment for the Arts American Masterpiece: Dance (with Dance/USA and the New England Foundation for the Arts) for Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zanes dance Continuous Replay.
National Endowment for the Arts National College Choreography Initiative (with Dance/USA) for Frankie Manning.
Inland Northwest Foundation Florence Wasmer grant for Sherry Zunker.
Idaho Commission for the Arts for restaging via Labanotation of Victoria Uris' dance Breakers.
Paul G. Allen Foundation grant for new dance floor.
- University of Idaho Alumni Award for Excellence, 2007, 2010
- Dance Educator of the Year, Northwest DistrictAmerican Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 2006.
- Dance Educator of the Year, Idaho Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 2005.