Band Camp 2018
- Dates (new members): Tuesday-Sunday, Aug. 14-19, 2018
- Dates (returning members): Wednesday-Sunday, Aug. 15-19, 2018
- Times: Plan to participate all day. Our schedule will not conflict with new student orientation activities. A detailed schedule will be available in July.
- Location: UI Campus, Moscow, Idaho
- Who: All Band Camp activities are required for members.
- Why: Learn our marching style, rehearse music and begin learning pregame and halftime shows.
- We will listen to everyone play the Snare Drum part to Go Vandals. Tempo options: quarter note at 100, 140 or 170. Play at the tempo where you are most comfortable! If you hope to earn a Snare Drum spot, be prepared to perform at all three tempos.
- Please also prepare both the "VMB Percussion Audition" and the "Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece."
- Download – Snare Drum part to Go Vandals. Video Reference
- Download – VMB Audition
- Download – Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece
- Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Location: School of Music, Room 216
- Time: 9:00 a.m. (plan to attend 9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday)
- Do we "cut" students? Rarely. Auditions determine placement in the drumline. Students who posses a strong work ethic and a positive attitude will not be cut from the band. We will find a place for everyone who earns the right to participate.
- Problems or questions? Contact Spencer Martin with any questions or if you are unable to attend.
- All new members and their parents should plan to attend an introductory meeting and dinner at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 14. This follows dorm check-in.
- Parents will meet with band staff and UI's Dean of Students.
- Students will meet their section leaders and begin preparation for the season.
- Early Dorm Move-in will be arranged for registered band members who have applied for housing and have paid their deposit prior to July 5. Apply for housing.
- A list of students who have reserved rooms will be coming soon! Please check back to see if your name is on the list if you plan to move in early!
- Check in will be 4-5 p.m., Tuesday, August 14th, locations TBD
- If you have questions about dorms, please call University Housing at 1-800-681-9361 or send them an email
- Need to borrow an instrument? – There is no fee to borrow instruments used in marching band. We provide all instruments in the following sections: Mellophone, Euphonium, Sousaphone and Percussion. In addition, we provide instruments to others based on availability. Contact us to borrow an instrument.
- Band Camp Meals – The Marching Band provide dinners (Wednesday to Sunday) and lunch (Thursday to Sunday) for all band members.
- Greek Rush – We plan the band camp schedule to avoid rush events as much as possible. If there is a conflict, we will find a solution. Please contact us with questions and conflicts.