Future Vandal Game Day
To all junior and senior band students:
The University of Idaho Vandal Marching Band invites you to our 12th annual Future Vandal Game Day on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015, starting at 1:30 p.m. This event is for band students in their junior or senior year. Visit the University of Idaho campus and experience collegiate music, academics and university life first-hand.
- Rehearsal with the Vandal Marching Band (VMB)
- Performance with the VMB in the stands at the Idaho vs. Georgia Southern Eagles
- Pregame and halftime performances by the VMB
- Master-classes from UI Music Faculty focused on your instrument
- Information about collegiate music ensembles, scholarships and auditions
- A pre-game meal hosted in cooperation with UI Alumni Association as sponsor
You do not need marching band experience to participate. Your music experience does not have to end after high school. Colleges and universities have numerous performing opportunities for students, regardless of their major. These include concert bands, jazz bands, marching and basketball bands, color guard, symphony orchestras and choirs. Over half of VMB members are not music majors.
This event is free, you just need to register by 5 p.m., Friday Sept. 18, and bring your instrument (or flag!) to Moscow.
We hope to see you on Sept. 26. Go Vandals!
Your attendance is not required for your students to participate. But you are welcome to come along and enjoy the events and the game...without having to direct the band!
Please email or call (208) 885-6231 for more information. GO VANDALS!