Each year, the University of Idaho Alumni Association (UIAA) and Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) recognizes outstanding alumni, friends and students through a number of awards that celebrate achievements in volunteerism, success and commitment to the university.
Deadlines vary for each category.
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 885-5106 or email Hugh Cooke
UIAA Award Categories
- The alumni Hall of Fame is reserved for those alumni who have achieved national or international distinction by their accomplishments and leadership. Funded and administered by the University of Idaho Alumni Association. Deadline for nominations is August 1.
- The Jim Lyle Award recognizes outstanding contributions to the University and/or alumni association through volunteerism. Funded and administered by the University of Idaho Alumni Association. Deadline for nominations is August 1.
- The Silver & Gold Award recognizes alumni who have a distinguished record of achievement and service. Funded and administered by the University of Idaho Alumni Association. Deadline for nominations is August 1.
- Distinguished Idahoan is awarded to an alumnus/alumna or friend that has an international or national reputation and has brought distinction to the State of Idaho and the University of Idaho. Funded and administered by the University of Idaho Alumni Association. Final approval is given by the U-Idaho president. Deadline for nominations is August 1.
- Honorary Alumni Recognition
The recognition of “University of Idaho honorary alumni” is a reward bestowed by the University
of Idaho Alumni Association from the national Board of Directors and the Awards and Recognition
Committee to a very limited number of persons that have served the University of Idaho,
and the university’s alumni with “great distinction while providing faithful and distinguished
service to the University of Idaho.” This honor is to recognize outstanding leadership and service,
and to identify those special persons that are critical to the success of our alma mater.
- Alumni Association Service Recognition
The “Service Recognition” honors an individual or group that has given extraordinary service and
or displayed significant dedication to the University of Idaho or to the Alumni Association. This
recognition is presented on rare occasions and is designed as a formal “thank-you” for a significant
action, or noteworthy continued service to the university or Alumni Association. These
nominations are submitted to and reviewed by Executive Director of Alumni Relations.
- Nominations are to remain confidential
- Applications for all awards must be completed and submitted by Aug. 1. Download all materials here.
- Nominee history including significant achievements, distinction of service, and regional, national and international recognition should be detailed. Media or press summaries are helpful.
- Applications require 2-5 letters of reference.
Applications are reviewed by the Alumni Association Awards Committee. Recommendations are submitted to the Alumni Association Board of Directors, who approve selections.
OAR Award Categories
- Awards for Excellence are awarded to senior level,graduate, and law students who have achieved academic success, demonstrated career/professional preparation and campus/community leadership. Also honored, is a faculty or staff member the student finds most inspirational. Funded and administered by the Office of Alumni Relations. Deadline for nominations September 20.
- The Idaho Treasure Award recognizes living retired University of Idaho faculty, staff and/or family members who, in their retirement years, have made significant achievements in leadership to the University. Funded and administered by the University of Idaho Retirees Association. Deadline for nominations is April 1.