Work-Study is a federal and state-funded, need based financial aid program designed to provide jobs to full-time students to help them meet their school related expenses. Students typically work 8 - 10 hours per week to earn the amount of their award. Work-Study is awarded to the students showing the most financial need based on the results of the FAFSA. Work-Study is taxable income.
How do I apply for Work-Study?
- Complete the FAFSA by February 15th.
- Mark "yes" to the question: "Do you want to provide additional information about your enrollment plans?" This will prompt you to check a box if you want to be considered for Work-Study.
- If you are awarded "College Work-Study or Idaho Work-Study" accept the award on VandalWeb.
What do I do once I accept my Work-Study award?
- Choose a job listed in the Work-Study Job Directory and login to VandalWeb. See link at beginning of the directory.
- First time work-study recipients must attend a Work-Study Orientation session in August to receive a job assignment.
- Take your Job Assignment Referral Form to the listed supervisor to complete the job placement process.
- Previous Work-Study recipients can pick up a job referral in our office on or after the first day of the semester.
- To change jobs, submit a Job Change form.
How will I get paid for my work?
- Complete and return your Job Referral Form to Student Financial Aid Services.
- Submit a timesheet to your supervisor each pay period.
- Paychecks are issued every two weeks.
- Check with your supervisor to see when you will receive your first paycheck.
- Students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit so bi-weekly checks can be automatically deposited into their checking or saving account. Complete a direct deposit form and submit it to the Human Resources Office located at 415 West 6th Street (next to Taco Time).
- If you elect not to use direct deposit, Work-Study payroll checks will be mailed to your "payroll check address." Log on to Vandalweb. Under the address menu click "Update Addresses" and select the "Payroll Check Address" to enter your information.