Idaho Master Gardener Program
“Helping people grow” is the motto of the Idaho Master Gardener program, reflecting UI Extension’s goal to help meet the needs of growers in our local communities.
Individuals interested in becoming an Idaho Master Gardener should:
- Have an interest in, some knowledge of and experience with basic gardening and related horticultural topics
- Be able to communicate effectively with the public
- Be willing to research and consult with an unbiased approach toward horticulture topics
- Be willing to complete 40 to 50 hours of instruction (February – April)
- Be willing to serve 35 to 50 hours each year (April – October)
A minimum of 15 participants are needed to hold the class. Contact the UI Extension, Lemhi County office for more information on the next class. Cost to attend is $100.