Growing in Kootenai County
UI Extension enlists local Idaho Master Gardeners to provide research-based horticulture education.
Idaho Master Gardeners develop and share expertise in a broad range of topics, including:
- Food production
- Integrated pest management techniques
- Improving soil fertility
- Choosing the right trees
- Growing turf grass
- Sustainable yards and gardens
Visit our Idaho Master Gardener Program section to learn more.
Classes and Workshops for Community Members
In addition to our Idaho Master Gardener certification courses and advanced training courses, we offer low cost horticulture, homesteading, permaculture and basic gardening workshops and classes for members of our community.
Horticulture Class Series
- When: February – March
- Cost: Evening classes $10 per class
- Cost: Saturday workshops vary in price
- Brochure: 2015 Evening and Saturday Horticulture Workshop Series (PDF)
- Registration: 2015 Horticultural Series Class Registration Form (PDF)
Pre-registration and pre-payment is required to reserve your space.
Please email Debra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Resources and Publications
Noxious Weed Department
The Kootenai County Noxious Weed Control Department assists the public and government agencies with identification and control methods for noxious weeds.
For more information, please contact them at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 10905 N. Ramsey Road
Hayden, ID 83835