Judges are a critical part of the engineering Design EXPO experience for University of Idaho senior design students. The interaction between students and judges create opportunities for students to gain new insights and to learn about engineering career paths and the workforce in general.
Judging opportunities are available for booth exhibits and technical presentations. Booth judges examine up to 10 entries where technical presentation judges attend 5 technical presentations.
Judging takes place 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, April 27, 2018 after orientation by a member of our EXPO capstone faculty.
Judges spend approximately two to three hours reviewing design products, processes and team communication. Judge assessments serve as the basis for the EXPO Awards Ceremony held at the end of the day.
All judges are invited to the Dean's EXPO Preview Reception on Thursday, April 26 in the Pitman Student Center (formerly the Student Union Building) where you will have the opportunity to preview EXPO by meeting our students, capstone faculty advisors, staff and other judges. Reminders and details regarding the reception will be provided.
Judges are provided a complimentary breakfast and lunch as well as free parking for the day.
Thank You EXPO Judges
To all of our 2018 EXPO judges, thank you for joining us on the 25th anniversary of EXPO! Your participation is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again next year.
- Shankar Achanta — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Edward Anderson — Battelle Energy Alliance
- Phillip Arpke — Wagstaff, Inc.
- Peter Baran — Design Magnitude Idaho
- Ralph Barker — Retired
- Amanda Battles — Clearwater Paper
- Taylor Blanc — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Pat Blount — Moscow High School
- Pietro Boyd — Nightforce Optics
- Mary Ellen Brewick — University of Idaho
- Garry Brown — Idaho National Laboratory
- Kris Brown — Self-Employed
- Ed Cimbalik — Micron
- Jay Clark — Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Jeffrey Daniels — Acoustic Research Detachment — NSWCCD
- Jason Dearien — Schweitzer Engineering Labratories
- Sharon Eroschenko — U.S. Bureau of Reclamation
- Byron Flynn — General Electric
- Stephen Goodwin — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Yvonne Hallock — Retired
- Robert Hallock — Retired
- Chris Hazelton — Coffman Engineers Inc.
- David Hollenback — BERG Manufacturing
- Howard Hooper — HP Inc.
- Paul Huber — The Boeing Company
- Christopher Hyde — University of Idaho
- Mark Ingram — Micron
- Richard Jacobsen — Idaho State University
- Dave Joerger — Idaho Power Company
- Krista Kinsey — J.R. Simplot Company
- Jacob Leachman — Washington State University
- Brent Lee — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Amy Lientz — Idaho National Laboratory
- Richard Maguire — Avista Utilities
- Ken Mays — College Advisory Board Member
- Thomas Moore — Self-Employed
- Caitlin Owsley — Janicki Industries
- Lyle Parks — Retired
- Marc Patterson — Idaho Power Company
- Tom Pfeiffer — Idaho National Laboratory
- Shawn Pratt — HP Inc.
- Behnaz Rezaie — University of Idaho
- Jonathan Richards — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Kurt Ririe — Idaho National Laboratory
- Pete Robichaud — USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mt. Research Station
- Anne Seifert — Idaho National Laboratory
- Adam Seubert — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Steve Silkworth — Avista Corp
- Alex Simon — The Boeing Company
- Mark Sipe — Coffman Engineers, Inc.
- Howard Skidmore — JR Simplot Company
- Jamison Slippy — Quest Aircraft Company
- Sean Stadelman — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Ed Whitehead — Retired
- Min Xian — University of Idaho