Judges are a critical part of the engineering Design EXPO experience for University of Idaho senior design students. The interaction between students and judges create opportunities for students to gain new insights and to learn about engineering career paths and the workforce in general.
Judging opportunities are available for booth exhibits and technical presentations. Booth judges examine up to 10 entries where technical presentation judges attend 5 technical presentations.
Judging takes place 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, April 29, 2016 after orientation by a member of our EXPO capstone faculty.
Judges spend approximately two to three hours reviewing design products, processes and team communication.Judge assessments serve as the basis for the EXPO Awards Ceremony held at the end of the day.
All judges are invited to the Dean's EXPO Preview Reception on Thursday, April 28 in the Pitman Student Center (formerly the Student Union Building) where you will have the opportunity to preview EXPO by meeting our students, capstone faculty advisors, staff and other judges.
Judges are provided a complimentary breakfast and lunch as well as free parking for the day.
THANK YOU 2016 EXPO JUDGES
- Edward Anderson — Battelle Energy Alliance
- Sandy Anderson — CH2M-Hill, Idaho (Retired)
- Phil Arpke — Wagstaff, Inc.
- Ralph Barker — Hecla Limited - Lucky Friday Mine
- Amanda Battles — Clearwater Paper
- Pat Blount — Moscow High School
- Bruce Bouton — The Boeing Co.
- Pietro Boyd — Nightforce Optics
- Myles Brown — The Boeing Company
- Charles Buck — UI Coeur d'Alene
- Ryan Carlson — Micron
- Patricia Colberg — UI Civil Engineering
- Dylan Dixon — Vista Outdoor (CCI Seer)
- Joe Fugate — The Boeing Company
- Gerry Galinato — Idaho Public Utilities Commission
- Tom Gorman — UI College of Natural Resources
- Matthew Gregg — Brown and Caldwell
- Yvonne Hallock — Retired
- Bob Hallock — Retired
- Chris Hazelton — Coffman Engineers
- Gary Hermann — Velsicol Chemical LLC (Retired)
- David Hollenback — K&N Industrial Equipment
- Valerie Jensen — Boeing (Retired)
- Fred Jessup — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Kurran Kelly — BP
- Jacob Leachman — Washington State University
- Ken Mays — KMays Technical Services
- Dan Newby — CNC Software, Inc.
- Brad Okamoto — U.S. Bureau Of Reclamation
- Nicholai Olson — Tamarack Aerospace Group
- Caitlin Owsley — Janicki Industries
- Shawn Pratt — HP Inc.
- Bruce Reilly — Arcadis
- Jonathan Richards — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Kurt Ririe — Idaho National Laboratory
- Pete Robichaud — Rocky Mt. Research Station
- Daniel Schneider — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Jennifer Shawver — Unicep Packaging, LLC
- John Shovic — SwitchDoc Labs
- Steve Silkworth — Avista Corp
- Alex Simon — The Boeing Co.
- Mark Sipe — Coffman Engineers, Inc.
- Jamison Slippy — Quest Aircraft Company
- Tom Stalick — Kapstone Paper and Packaging
- Eric Stubbs — Micron Technology
- Todd Swanstrom — Western Trailer Co.
- Cody Tews — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Mike Thompson — Wagstaff, Inc.
- Dillon Turnbull — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Daniel Ulery — Nez Perce County
- Nick Webb — Red Wire Services
- Cal Williams — The Boeing Co.
- Jeff Williams — Vista Outdoor
- Thomas Zysk — The Boeing Co.