Contact the Department
Phone: (208) 885-6592
Fax: (208) 885-9052
Janssen Engineering (JEB)
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1010
Moscow, ID 83844-1010
Contact Debbie Caudle
Phone: (208) 282-7983
Fax: (208) 282-7929
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402
Guidelines for Submitting Defense Information
Print this page, complete the requested information, and provide it to the CS Department staff.
- Area of Study:
- Title of Defense:
- Date & Time:
- Major Professor(s):
- Degree: PhD or MS (circle / highlight one)
- Type of Defense: Preliminary / Proposal or Final (circle / highlight one)
- For MS and PhD Final Defenses, and for PhD Preliminary Exams (Proposal Defneses), please submit a reference copy of your document (thesis, disssertation, or proposal) to the CS department that can be viewed by the department 10 working days prior to the event.
- For a Final Defense of your dissertation / thesis, please also submit a double sided copy of your final thesis / dissertation to Karen Zucco-Gatlin, to be bound and kept for department records.
- Correctly file all paperwork with the College of Graduate Studies:
- For preliminary exams, print out a copy of the "Report on Preliminary Exam" form and bring it to the exam. Your major professor will fill out this form and return it to the College of Graduate Studies.
- For final degfenses, print out a copy of the "Permission to Proceed with Final Defense" form, get it signed by your committee and turn it in to the College of Graduate Studies prior to the defense date (at least 10 working days early for PhD defenses). They will give you a "Report on Final Defense Form" to bring to the defense. They will give you other forms to fill out as well.
- Return this form along with a 1/2 page abstract of your thesis or dissertation, no later than 10 working days prior to the date of your defense. You should e-mail the abstract to email@example.com.
- Your major professor or CS Department Staff, but not you, can schedule
a venue by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Circle / highlight
the person that will be in charge of scheduling your venue:
- Major Professor
- Karen Zucco-Gatlin
- Rhonda Zenner
- All additional guidelines and forms can be found at the College of Graduate Studies website.