Civil Engineering
Phone: (208) 885-6782
Toll-free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: (208) 885-6608
Email: civilengr@uidaho.edu

Buchanan Engineering (BEL)
Room 102

875 Perimeter Drive MS 1022
Moscow, ID 83844-1022


Contact Denise Engebrecht
Phone: (208) 364-6123
Fax: (208) 364-3160
Email: denisee@uidaho.edu

Idaho Water Center
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702

Idaho Falls

Contact Debbie Caudle
Phone: (208) 282-7983
Fax: (208) 282-7929
Email: debrac@uidaho.edu

1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402

Distance Education

Engineering Outreach
Phone: (208) 885-6373
Toll-free: (800) 824-2889
Fax: (208) 885-9249
E-mail: outreach@uidaho.edu


Certificate Programs

A certificate is a coherent body of work designed to reflect specialized expertise and signifies that a student has successfully completed a series of courses predetermined by the academic department; the courses designated in a certificate already exist in a department's approved curriculum. In contrast, "certification programs" certify specific skills and are similar to degree programs because they typically incorporate courses from different curriculums, may require the creation of new courses, and can require the approval of state licensing boards and other authorities.

To qualify for a College of Engineering certificate, a grade of 'B' or better must be earned in each course.

Certificates require between 12 - 15 credits of coursework, from a selection of required courses and electives, as determined by the department offering the certificate. Coursework must not be more than five years old unless used in conjunction with the completion of a graduate degree.

The certificate coordinator, in consultation with the department chair, determines student eligibility and manages the certificate award process. The academic department provides all academic advising, verifies that all criteria have been met, and issues the award accordingly. The certificate award is signed by the college dean, academic department chair, and the certificate coordinator. The department sends a copy of the completed tracking form to the registrar's office so that a notation can be made on the student's transcript.