University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene; Harbor Center Building
Department of Psychology & Communication Studies
University of Idaho
P.O. Box 443043
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3043
Steven Meier is currently the director of the University of Idaho Addictions Training Program. His academic training and expertise is in applied psychology with a specialization in addictive and high-risk behavior.
- Ph.D., Psychology, Washington State University, 1991
Steven Meier is currently the director of the University of Idaho Addictions Training Program. His academic training and expertise is in applied psychology with a specialization in addictive and high-risk behavior. He also has considerable experience in neuroscience with an emphasis in psychopharmacology.
Meier has worked with several addictions treatment agencies (using different theoretical perspectives) and with the Idaho Department of Health teaching courses related to sexually transmitted diseases. He also teaches courses related to behavioral change to professionals working with high-risk populations. His technical expertise includes considerable experience in program evaluation as well as survey design and implementation. More recently, he has begun working with fraternal organizations to increase community coalitions to reduce substance abuse in rural/frontier communities.
- Substance Abuse Treatment and Prevention
- Energy Drinks
- High-Risk Behavior
- Survey Design
- Program Evaluation
- Web-Course Development
- Human Subject’s Protection
- Community Coalition Development Specialist
- Idaho Drug Awareness Chair, Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks
- Project 7th Grade Presenter
- Leader Trainer Boy Scouts of America
- Who’s Who in Teaching: 2003 – Present
- Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals: 2004 - Present