In order to assist in your travel preparations, please use the schedule overview below. Some aspects of the schedule may need to be altered more as we adjust to the number of campers, but this will not affect travel plans. Parents/guardians will need to stay with their students through the noted times, and the arrival schedule on Sunday and departure schedule on Saturday will not be altered by more than an hour in any direction. All students who register for the camp will receive a finalized schedule in an email immediately after registration closes on June 9.
9:00 a.m.: Residence hall check-in (Wallace Hall until 12:00 pm)
9:00 a.m.: Camp registration - Remaining account balance due at this time (Lionel Hampton School of Music until 12:00 pm)
12:30 p.m.: Camp orientation meeting for all students (parents/guardians may leave at this time)
1:00 p.m.: Ensemble placement auditions (LHSOM)
2:30 p.m.: BREAK
3:00 p.m.: Large Ensemble 1 rehearsal
4:00 p.m.: Large Ensemble 2 rehearsal
5:00 p.m.: DINNER (Wallace Hall)
7:00 p.m.: Opening Gala Concert (Haddock Hall in LHSOM)
Monday 6/18 - Friday 6/22
7:00 a.m.: BREAKFAST
8:00 a.m.: Warm-ups/masterclass with instrumental and vocal faculty (LHSOM)
9:00 a.m.: Large Ensemble 1 rehearsal
10:30 a.m.: Hamp’s Camp Combined Ensemble rehearsal
11:00 a.m.: Chamber Ensemble rehearsal
12:00 p.m.: LUNCH
1:00 p.m.: Large Ensemble 2 rehearsal
2:30 p.m.: Snacks, individual practice, private lessons for non-pianists (optional)
3:00 p.m.: Elective course
4:00 p.m.: Chamber Ensemble rehearsal
5:00 p.m.: DINNER7:00 p.m.: Activity varies by day, but always begins at 7:00. See daily schedule below.
- Monday - Faculty/counselor/student mixer and jam session until 9:00 (Room 216)
- Tuesday - Faculty recital (Haddock Hall) until 8:00, activity night in LHSOM follows immediately until 9:30
- Wednesday - Faculty recital until 8:00 (Admin Auditorium), activity night in LHSOM follows immediately until 9:30
- Thursday - Scavenger hunt until 9:00
- Friday - Student Chamber Recital (Haddock Hall) until 8:30, Ice Cream Social (Room 216 - Parents welcome!) until 9:30
(Day campers should plan on being at Administration Auditorium at no later than 8:50 am and expect to be there until 2:00 pm)
7:00 a.m.: BREAKFAST
8:00 a.m.: Check out of dorms, move belongings to secured location for pick-up after concert
9:00 a.m.: Large Ensemble dress rehearsals (Admin Auditorium)10:30 a.m.: Honors Chamber Recital (Admin Auditorium - parents/family/friends encouraged to attend from this point onward)
- Featuring Jazz Combo AM, Jazz Combo PM, Chamber Choir and selected student ensembles from the Friday night performance.
11:30 p.m.: LUNCH (Boxed lunch eaten on Admin lawn)12:30 p.m.: Final concert - all Large Ensembles (Admin)
- Each ensemble will perform approximately 20 minutes worth of music, though please note that some may go slightly longer or shorter
- Concert Order is:
-Hamp's Camp Combined Ensemble
2:30 p.m.: Final loading of overnight camper luggage will take place in Music Building Room 216, immediately following the concert.
All campers dismissed. Safe travels!
Large Ensemble 1 slot - Concert Band, Chamber Choir, Piano Masterclass, String Orchestra
Large Ensemble 2 slot - Jazz Ensembles, Mixed Choir