Bay Watchers Program
What is Bay Watchers?
- We envision a partnership between the University of Idaho Coeur d’Alene, the Our Gem Coeur d’Alene Lake Collaborative, and lake and bay communities
- We hope to provide educational resources to lake and bay residents to create a network of neighbors helping neighbors
Our initial concept
- We are seeking citizen ambassadors to help shape and implement an approach to improving our lake water quality and to share that information with the broader community
- We will assist in providing residents with information and resources on water related topics such as aquatic plants, dock permits, and phosphorous and algae blooms
- We plan to be an on-going resource for program ambassadors and fellow residents with water quality questions, guiding them to understand applicable agency roles and rules
- We are interested in incorporating a citizen science component for Bay Watchers Ambassadors to support lake water quality monitoring
- Our Gem Coeur d’Alene Lake Collaborative Lake-A-Syst
- Kootenai County Land Use and Development Code
- Stormwater Erosion Education Program
- Invasive Species of Idaho
Questions? Contact Marie Schmidt at 208-292-2540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.