How to Create a Placement File
You may create your file within one year of graduation or program completion at no charge by completing the forms listed below. All the instructions are included on each form. After one year from graduation, there will be a $25.00 fee to create a file. If you have created a file but have not used it for 10 years, we will destroy the file. There is a $25.00 fee to create a new one.
- Fill out a Placement File Data Form and keep it current (especially your e-mail address)!
- Complete a Confidential File Access Agreement OR Non-Confidential File Access Agreement (not both) which you can access from our Forms page. More information is available on our Confidential/Non-Confidential page.
Ask your references to write a letter of recommendation for you. We prefer that letters of recommendation be mailed, but they can be e-mailed if the letter is signed and dated before it is scanned and sent. Faxing letters is allowed but results in poor copy quality.
Career Center, University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr., MS 2534,
Moscow, ID 83844-2534
Fax: (208) 885-2816
Letters must provide the following information:
- Name of person for whom letter is being written
- Date of letter
- Writer’s name and signature
- Writer’s title
- Employer (company/organization where writer works)
- Employer address
- Phone number where you can be contacted year-round
- Regularly checked email address
We strongly discourage changing the status of your file from confidential to non-confidential. Please talk with Career Center administrative staff if you are considering this (208-885-6121).