Download a PDF of the Guide for reference or print. More

Finding Us

Contact Benefits

415 West 6th Street
Moscow, ID 83844-4332
Phone: (208) 885-3697
Toll Free: (800) 646-6174


  • When is annual enrollment?
    Annual Enrollment is October 13 through November 4. You can log into your profile through Vandal Web, click on "myBenefits" in the Employee Menu tab, and make your benefits elections beginning October 13.
  • Do I need to re-enroll for all my benefits?
    Your 2014 benefits will carry forward into 2015 (excluding tax sheltered savings and spending accounts) so unless you want to make changes, you do not need to re-enroll in your coverage.  However, if you:
    • Want to add or drop any dependents. You can enroll dependents up to age 26 — regardless of their student, financial or marital status.
    • Need to change any benefits elections. Take the time to review the enrollment materials and consider your 2015 needs.
    • Want to contribute to a pre-tax account. Elect a contribution amount to participate in the Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA), Health Care Spending Account (HCSA), or Health Savings Account (HSA). 2014 elections for these programs do not carry forward.


  • When does the new plan year begin?
    The new plans will go into effect January 1, 2015.
  • I’ve already completed my annual enrollment but need to make additional changes. When I log back in, the Annual Enrollment is gone from my to do list. How do I access it again?

    If you have already completed your annual enrollment, but would like to make changes, you may do so by clicking on the "view all other events" link under "myTools."  From here, next to the Annual Enrollment event, there is the option to edit or restart your enrollment.

  • Will my opt-out election automatically carry forward?

    Yes, if you currently waive coverage, your election will carry forward. However, you will still be required to provide proof of other coverage.  This is because the State of Idaho and the University of Idaho want to ensure all employees have medical insurance so we are prepared for health care reform changes that will require individuals to have medical coverage.

  • How do I sign up for a Health Savings Account? Do I need to complete a form?

    Because your election is opening a bank account (HSA) in your name, HealthEquity must have a physical address for you. If you have a PO Box as your mailing address with the University then yes, you will need to complete an enrollment form. If your mailing address is a physical address then there are no forms to complete.  Once your election has been made in the myBenefits enrollment link, your information will automatically be sent to HealthEquity.

  • Will my pre-tax medical spending or savings account contributions continue?

    No. You must elect a new contribution amount each year. 2014 elections do not carry forward.

  • How long do I have to complete the Health Evidence Form for Life Insurance?

    You must submit your Health Evidence Form within 60 days of your election.

  • Why are dental benefit elections “locked in” for two years?

    The two-year dental plan allows the University to offer employees dental benefits without a waiting period. Plus, a two-year lock helps contain overall plan costs and reduces the number of times that the plans need to be reviewed and changed.

  • Will the University continue to match money I put into my HSA? How much can I contribute?

    Yes, the University will continue to match HSA contributions; however there is a new contribution match on family coverage. This table shows 2015 contribution amounts:

    If you enroll for … 2015 HSA Contribution Amounts
     You may save
    up to …
    The University will contribute up to …
    Employee Only coverage $2,850
    (Contribute $1,000 to receive the full University matching contribution)
    ($0.50 for every $1.00 contributed)
    “Family” coverage in one of the following coverage tiers:
    – Employee + Spouse or Other Eligible Adult*
    – Employee + Child
    – Employee + Children
    – Employee + Spouse + Child(ren)
    (Contribute $2,000 to receive the full University matching contribution)
    ($0.50 for every $1.00 contributed)
    If you are age 55 or over in 2015, you can save an additional $1,000 in catch-up contributions.
    *An individual on a family plan with an Other Eligible Adult may contribute up to $5,650, however
    Employee HSA funds may not be used for an Other Eligible Adult as they do not qualify as tax dependents
    under current federal tax law. However, an Other Eligible Adult may open their own HSA account.
  • How do I change my voluntary benefits elections?
    Contact the vendors directly to make changes; contact information is on the Benefits Website under Voluntary Benefits.
  • If I am planning to retire next calendar year, should that influence my health plan elections for 2015?
    It may. Here are some things to keep in mind:
    • If you retire mid-year, you may need to meet two deductibles. Retirees have a different medical plan than active employees and amounts paid to satisfy a deductible may not transfer from one plan to the other.
    • If you provide coverage for dependents, your dependents will move from the plan for active employees to the retiree plan. Further, any dependents you wish to cover on your retiree medical benefits must have been covered under your active medical benefits plan.

    The decision to retire is complex. Please contact Judy Colbeck at 208-885-3608 if you are contemplating retiring next year.

  • Who do I contact with questions regarding benefit changes for 2015?
    For questions regarding benefit changes for 2015 you may contact the University Benefits Center at 1-800-646-6174 or 208-885-3697
  • Do I have to get my presciptions filled at a CVS Pharmacy?
    No. You can get your prescriptions filled at any CVS Caremark network retail or mail service pharmacy, which includes Walgreens. For a full list of in-network pharmacies, go to