History of the University of Idaho Foundation, Inc.
- The University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. was established in 1970 to attract private financial support to aid in the achievement of institutional goals and to manage assets for the benefit of the University of Idaho.
- The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors that includes a maximum of 25 volunteer voting members.
- The Foundation receives gifts in a variety of forms that include cash contributions, marketable securities and real estate, and through planned giving opportunities such as bequests, gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts and others.
- Numerous endowments are funded through charitable contributions each year. Most endowed funds are in the Consolidated Investment Trust (CIT), the Foundation's pooled endowment fund. The principal is non-expendable; investment earnings support scholarships, faculty development, research and other programs in accordance with the donor's wishes.
- The University of Idaho Foundation, Inc. is one of the largest charitable foundations in the state of Idaho.