Office of Admissions
Phone: 208-885-6326
Toll free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: 208-885-9119

Mailing Address
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264

Physical/Express Mail Address
University of Idaho
709 Deakin Street SUB Rm 117
Moscow, ID 83844


Toll free: 88-88-UIDAHO
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702

Coeur d'Alene

Toll free: 88-88-UIDAHO
1031 N. Academic Way, Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Idaho Falls

Toll free: 88-88-UIDAHO
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, ID 838402

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Which of my courses will transfer to the University of Idaho?
    The University of Idaho evaluates all college level coursework from regionally accredited institutions for transfer.  Transfer courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis; bachelor-level courses are transferable.  Up to 70 semester credits (105 quarter credits)  from a community college may be used towards a degree at U-Idaho.  Up to 48 semester credits (72 quarter credits) in vocational or technical courses may be used towards a degree at U-Idaho.  Credit earned in bypassed courses are not transferable to U-Idaho.
  • How will my courses transfer to the University of Idaho?
    Using our transfer guides, you can select the institution(s) you are transferring from and see how your courses will transfer to the University of Idaho.  If a course isn’t listed, don’t worry! Send the syllabus for the course to a Transfer Evaluation Specialist, and we will have it evaluated for transfer.
  • I have completed my Associate‚Äôs degree. What general education requirements do I still need to complete at the University of Idaho?
    Students who have earned an Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Associate of Arts & Sciences (A.A.S.-DTA), Associate of Business (A.B.-TDA), or other approved associate degree from a regionally-accredited institution will enter the university with their general education requirements satisfied.
  • How will a general education course I completed at my previous institution apply to the University of Idaho general education requirements?
    If a course fulfilled a specific General Education area at the student’s previous institution, it may also fulfill that general education area at the University of Idaho. (For example, Intro to Theatre that fulfills a Humanities requirement at an institution may fulfill a Humanities requirement at U-Idaho).
  • What does the 000 course number mean in the transfer guides?
    Transfer courses given the University of Idaho number 000 transfer as elective credit.   With the approval of the your advisor, elective credit may be applied as a substitution to a degree program requirement.
  • I have AP or CLEP credits. How will those transfer to the University of Idaho?
    Credits earned by CLEP and Advanced Placement Exams are considered transfer credits. The UI Office of the Registrar must receive official score sheets from the College Board in order to evaluate these credits for transfer. View the minimum score needed by subject area to earn UI credit at http://www.uidaho.edu/registrar/transfer/ap. 
  • I received an email saying my record has been updated. What does this mean?
    Once your transcript has been evaluated, you will get an email saying your record has been updated. Log into VandalWeb and view your transfer articulation page to see how your courses will transfer to the university.  You should also review your degree audit to see how your transfer courses will apply to your degree.  Any changes or updates to your transfer work will not be reflected in your degree audit until the following day.
  • My transfer courses have been evaluated by the University of Idaho. What do I do next?
    Once your transfer work appears on your record, speak to your academic advisor to discuss your registration and academic plans.
  • I have questions about my degree requirements at the University of Idaho; whom should I contact?
    Each department has an advising contact you can work with to answer any questions you may have regarding the unit's degree requirements.
  • I have additional questions; whom should I contact?
    If you have questions about your transfer credit, please contact the Transfer Evaluation Specialist in the Office of the Registrar. Phone:  208-885-2023 or 208-885-9220. Email: articulation@uidaho.edu.