MY CONTACT INFO
University of Idaho
322 E Front St.
Boise, Idaho 83702-7364
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
- Canyon Springs High School
- Cascade High School
- Central Academy
- Eagle Academy
- Frank Church High School
- Heartland Alternative High School
- Idaho Virtual Academy
- Initial Point High School
- INSPIRE Connections
- iSucceed Virtual High School
- Juniper Hills School
- Kuna High School
- Liberty Charter School
- McCall-Donnelly High School
- Middleton High School
- New Life Academy
- Ridgecrest Alternative High School
- Ridgeline High School
- Rocky Mountain High School
- Sheridan Academy
- Thomas Jefferson Charter High School
- Victory Charter School
Bachelors of Science, Psychology, Stanford University
Q&A WITH KATHY
The best thing about the University of Idaho:
Our students and faculty are so friendly and helpful. I get compliments from students, parents and counselors all the time about how welcoming the campus and people are. Makes it a great place to learn and grow. The next best thing about the University? All three of my sons graduated from University of Idaho, and all three have great jobs!
Why did YOU choose the University of Idaho?
My oldest son started our University of Idaho tradition based on the positive feedback he had from friends who were already attending UI. UI's Law School also factored into his decision. (And he did graduate from UI Law.) Then University of Idaho became a family tradition, and all three of my sons and two of my daughters-in-law are alumni.
Favorite campus activities:
I have two favorite campus activities. I love Vandal Friday – it’s great to help students register for class and hand them their class schedule as they become college students! I also love move in day. Our University of Idaho volunteers helping dazed students and anxious parents, letting them know that it is all going to be all right – that’s the University of Idaho community at its best!
Favorite local restaurant:
Sangria! Great food, extensive menu, excellent service. When your parents come to visit, suggest that you go there.
Favorite overall thing about the University
I love the residential campus, because I think it adds a dimension to college that moves it from “going to school” and “going to college!” It’s good to know that students who live on campus tend to have higher GPAs and to graduate at a higher rate than students who live off-campus. I think the residential campus is a major factor in the University holding the highest graduation rate in the state among public colleges.
How I can help:
I can help high school students, transfer students and parents learn to
- Set up a campus visit
- Find information on the UI website
- Understand the differences between financial aid and scholarships and how to apply for both
- Use the Degree-Finder to narrow down career choices
- Find the senior timeline and understand it
- Get a good start on the students’ college search
- Connect with knowledgeable people in both the Greek (fraternities and sororities) and University Housing (resident's halls) offices
- Beat admission application, scholarship and financial aid deadlines
- And so much more!
My job is to answer your questions about college in general and University of Idaho in particular. Please take advantage of that! I look forward to hearing from you!