Contact Information

Parking and Transportation Services

Physical Address:
1006 Railroad St. Rm 135
Moscow, ID 83844-4106

Mailing Address:
Parking and Transportation Services
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 4106
Moscow, ID 83844-4106

Office hours:
M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: (208) 885-6424
Fax: (208) 885-4219

Permit FAQ

  • Can I buy a parking permit for just one semester? I won't be here for the spring semester.
    Parking permits purchased at the beginning of the fall semester are sold at the annual permit rate, and are valid for the entire year. However, if you will no longer need a parking permit after the fall semester, or anytime during the year, you may return the parking permit for a pro-rated refund.

  • Do I need a permit to park on campus?
    Yes, generally speaking, permits are required Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. There are some spaces and/or lots that require permits until 9 p.m. or at all times (24 hours). Parking lots on campus are designated by signage and color. It is very important to observe the specific signage posted as you enter a parking lot and/ or individual parking spaces.
  • I ordered a permit online a while ago, but haven't received it yet. Can you tell me where my permit is?
    Give us a call at 208-885-6424, or email parking@uidaho.edu and we can help.
  • I will be living in a Greek house, how do I get a Purple parking permit?
    House presidents are responsible for making in-house members eligible to purchase Purple parking permits. If you do not see a Purple permit as an option online when attempting to purchase a permit, contact your house president and ask them to make you eligible; they will need your student ID number. Once you are made eligible simply submit your order online at aims.parking.uidaho.edu.
  • How do I get a Visitor permit?
    Visitor permits are available for purchase online or at the Parking Office for $2/day.

    Purchase a Visitor permit now.

    The Parking Office is open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the academic year, and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during summer and winter break. The Parking Office is located in the Intermodal Transit Center on the corner of Sweet Avenue and Railroad Street (1006 Railroad Street); view the campus map.

    If you are a guest of a department or college on campus, ask the individual coordinating your visit about Visitor permit options and if they have a Visitor permit available for you upon your arrival.
  • What parking permit options are available?
    Learn about permit options.
  • Where can I park with a Visitor permit?
    Visitor permits validate parking in any regular space in all Gold, Red, Blue, Silver, Purple, or Green lots on campus. They are also valid in any space marked as Visitor parking, or Reserved - Visitor permit required spaces. These special spaces are in various locations throughout campus. View the campus map for more details on locations of visitor parking spaces.

    Visitor permits are not valid in meters, reserved spaces (marked for anything other than Visitor permits), disability spaces (unless a state disability permit is also displayed), fire lanes, no parking areas, or on the campus walkway system.
  • How much does a permit cost?
    View annual permit and fee rates. Permit prices are prorated throughout the year, beginning the first full week in October. To view the current permit prices, view the Permit Purchase and Refund Schedule.
  • How do I get a parking permit?

    Purchase a permit online, or visit the Parking Office located in the Intermodal Transit Center on the corner of Sweet Avenue and Railroad Street (1006 Railroad Street). Each year in mid-July permits become available for purchase online for the upcoming year. Online permit ordering is highly recommended in order to save time and avoid waiting in lines. Please reference the Purchasing a Parking Permit Tutorial for detailed instructions. 

  • How do I get a Vandal (auto-renewal) parking permit?
    Vandal Gold, Red, and Blue permits are available to board appointed employees only. Complete an application online.
  • I got a new car, can I use my permit in my new car?
    Yes. Simply remove the permit from your old car and display it in the new car. Then log in to your parking account and add the new vehicle license plate and information to your account.
  • I have a state disability permit; do I need a University of Idaho parking permit?


    Employees who park a vehicle on campus must pay to park. Annual Disability permits and temporary Disability permits are available. To obtain a University of Idaho Disability permit come to the Parking Office located on the corner of 3rd and Line Street across from the Student Recreation Center. Photo identification and registration for your state Disability permit will be required.

    If you are visiting campus and you have a permanent or temporary Disability permit from any state, you must purchase a Visitor permit to be displayed in conjunction with your Disability permit. Doing so allows you to park in any Disability space on campus, any colored lot, in designated spaces on the campus walkway system, or in any space designated for visitor parking.

    After hours (5 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday - Friday), on Saturday and Sunday, and during holidays and academic breaks, a University of Idaho permit is NOT required to be displayed with a permanent or temporary Disability permit.

  • What if I lose my permit or it is stolen?

    A lost or stolen permit should be reported to the Parking Office as soon as possible. You will need to complete a short lost/stolen permit form and will be issued a new permit for a $15 replacement fee. If you find your permit after reporting it stolen it is very important that you do not use it or give it to anyone else. You should return the permit to the Parking Office. Using a permit that was reported lost/stolen may result in a fine for Lost/Stolen Permit ($200).

    If you lose a Vandal Gold parking permit you will need to notify us if you would like payroll deductions to cease for that permit, or to obtain a new permit for a $15 replacement fee.

  • What if I find my permit after reporting it lost/stolen?

    Do not use it, or give it to anyone else to use. Return the permit to the Parking Office. Using a permit that was reported lost/stolen may result in a fine for Lost/Stolen Permit ($200).

  • Can I have someone else pick up my permit for me if I am not able to make it to the Parking Office?
    Yes. You need to send an email to parking@uidaho.edu with the full name of the person who will be picking up your permit. This person needs to bring picture ID with them. They may pick up your permit at the Parking Office anytime Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Can I use a WSU permit to park overnight on the UI campus?
    Washington State University parking permits may be used on the University of Idaho campus as part of a reciprocal agreement. However, WSU permits are not valid for overnight parking on our campus. For details as to where each WSU permit is valid, please see the Reciprocal Parking Agreement.  If you will be visiting a campus resident overnight, please purchase a Visitor's permit for the extent of your stay and park inside a Purple or Silver lot. 
  • If I have a Service, Delivery or Departmental permit, what is considered my Home Lot?
    A Home Lot is defined as the parking lot that is most commonly used or most convenient to use by staff within the department/unit. Determination of one’s Home Lot, for purposes of parking rule enforcement, will follow a process. Upon suspected misuse, an initial warning is issued and we will then determine the appropriate Home Lot with the permit holder.